Beauty Club: July & August 2015 Haul


July and August have been pretty good to me. Other than being able to spend more time with my family, I also have been working. With that, I am able to go on various adventures and buy things I've been meaning to buy. Today's post will be about the make-up and skincare products I have acquired for the past two months and I'm pretty excited to try them all out!



To start of, eyeliner is one of my make-up necessities and it will always be a tradition for me to wear eyeliner when going out. Last month, I ran out of my favorite one, which is the Etude House Drawing Show Brush Liner in BK801. I needed to buy a new one as soon as possible and I have decided that I should try and use one from a different brand. I have tested some eyeliners (in the mall I visited, there weren't many to choose from) and as I was about to give up hunting for a good eyeliner and just buy the same old product, I discovered Maybelline Hyper Sharp Wing Liquid Liner. This is one of the popular drugstore eyeliners nowadays and the flat brush was supposed to make the application easier.


After buying the eyeliner, I visited the Etude House store, out of habit. I wasn't planning on buying anything that day except for some facial masks (I bought the I Need You! Mask Sheets in Pearl, Snail, Royal Jelly and Pomegranate) but as I was also out of eye primer/base, I picked up Look At My Eyes Pearl Shadow Base. And before I went to the cashier, I have found a wonderful product which is the Soft Touch Auto Lipliner in #04 Real Rose and bought it out of curiosity. This lip liner is cheap, creamy and has this plum-ish to dark red shade which is my favorite color (after black and white) so I thought this is a perfect buy specially when fall is just around the corner.

Also, while I was at the Maybelline stall, I went to the lips section and picked up the Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Lip Balm in Icy Mint. I have mildly dry lips and I don't actually have a lip balm right now so I bought this one. After doing some research, I found out that this product is actually a different version of the ones being sold in other countries.


Two weeks later, a package arrived from my aunt and there were some make-up products stored in there for me. (Thank you Tita!) It has been weeks since I've completely emptied out the last pressed powder I used (Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine-Free Pressed Powder in #04 Honey) and as a replacement, I was just using a baby powder. (lol) I was really hoping that I could use the one I've been meaning to get my hands on: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Lasting Pressed Powder and I finally did! The shades I got were #003 Natural and #011 Creamy Natural. I kept the powder in the #003 shade and gave the other one to my mom. Everybody is ravin' about this powder since it is known to do its job well so I'm pretty hyped, too!


That day, I also got two new eye shadow palettes. The first one was Forever 21 Love & Beauty Natural Eye Shadow Palette. I bought this earlier that day because my favorite Estée Lauder Signature Eye Shadow Quad in #06 Truffle is not available anymore (*sad*) and I needed a new eye shadow palette anyway. Without knowing that I will receive ACME Professional Cosmetics Bold, Bright and Vivid 120-Color Eye Shadow Palette from the package later on, I could have bought a mascara instead but hey, I'm happy that I'll be able to play with more colors rather than using the same old natural and nude colors. 


Then a week later, I've realized that I was almost out of foundation (Revlon Nearly Naked Makeup in #180 Medium Beige) so I revisited the nearest Etude House store and came home with Precious Mineral BB Cream Perfect Fit in W13. It's been a while since the last time I've used BB creams so I'm pretty anxious but at the same time excited to try this product. I also picked up Oh Happy Day Hand Bouquet Hand Cream in Rich Sugar since my hands are kinda drying up and need more moisturizing because of the current bipolar weather in the Philippines. The purchase came with a free Mascara Remover One Shot Clean and that made my day extra good.


The last thing I'm gonna talk about is the Bath & Body Works Signature Collection Amber Blush Shimmer Mist. I am really not into glitters all over my body but the mixed smell of raspberry, vanilla and flowers like gardenia and magnolia blossom is just so irresistibly good. This is a nice addition to my growing fragrance collection. Loving it!

Before I end this post, I want to say that this post is not made to brag or anything. Please do not misunderstand. I  also apologize for the quality inconsistency of the photos. My room's lighting is not optimal for a product shoot, my creative juices aren't flowing and my camera was not working with me well when I took the photos but I'll show you better ones next time!

And that's it for today. I don't know if I'm going to make full review by each product, but I'll try to create more beauty-related posts in the future, hopefully soon. Maybe a tutorial? Hehe. Anyway, thank you for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any thoughts you want to share, please leave a comment down below. Thank you again and I'll see you around next time. Have a nice day!

♥, Lix

COMMENTS

0 comments:

Post a Comment