Beauty Club: A Week With Testers


Hello, everyone. How have you been?

I'm pretty excited this time because I will talk about beauty products. Two weeks ago, while I was cleaning my bedside desk and cabinet, I found these stash of testers that came with the products I ordered and given to me personally by friends and family. I've realized that this is a perfect time to use these testers since I am currently in the hunt for new products.


Before I start this review, I just want to say that this will be a long (word-y) post. Also, to really see the difference between the products, I didn't test everything in a single day. I feel like if I try them all in a single day, the remains will gather, thus affecting the look and I think it will make my skin really tired and heavy. So what I did was each day, I opened different testers and it took me almost a week to try everything. Don't worry, I checked their expiration dates and all were still good!



On the first day, I've tried the Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream and the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit in W13. These are two of the best selling products from Etude House and I'm really expecting a lot from these. I have actually bought, tried and loved the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit in the same shade (W13) two years ago. It was part of the same line with the Cotton Fit one (Bright Fit was in the earlier line-up) but now I can't find the product in the Etude House web stores so I guess they have stopped producing it? Yeah? *sad*

Anyway, I used the Collagen Moistfull Cream as my pre-make-up moisturizer. I've actually seen some positive reviews of it online so I was really excited for this. The product was kinda peachy in color and the texture was almost gel-like rather than creamy. When I applied it to my face it felt silky and I must say that this really made my skin smoother than the one I'm using right now which is the Nature Republic Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera 92%  Soothing Gel. And it is really good because it adds an extra matte texture to your face, although after a while it makes your t-zone kinda oily (which is good for very dry skin but personally, I don't like oil on my face). Also, this product is hypoallergenic so if you have sensitive skin, this is must-have.


After the Collagen Moistfull Cream, I opened the Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit in W13 and I accidentally put a lot of the product in the back of my hand. I forgot that I don't usually use brushes when applying BB creams on my face because I tend to miscalculate the amount of the product that I apply which makes my face look cake-y. (I only use my fingers.) It's been a while since the last time I've used a BB cream so I did that mistake.. *woops* Because of that I looked so white, so I powdered up my face with a translucent powder and after a while, fortunately, the product blended out and I didn't look like I was flour-bombed, which is a good thing! Be careful in applying your make-up base, (liquid) foundation or creams, people! Another plus is the cute packaging and it doesn't feel heavy in the face compared to other BB creams and liquid foundations in the market. Love it!



The following day, I used LadyKin Hydro White Shimmering Essence and paired it up with LadyKin Hydro White Illumination Cream. When I hear the word 'essence', I thought that it should be in a mist or watery form but this one is gel-like glitter cream. I didn't like the smell of it, maybe because the spray I used in my room beforehand didn't match well with the fragrance of the product. And after I applied the essence to my face and to my hand, I felt a cool sensation, but it's not much (appealing). Some of the glitters actually disappear after a minute or two, which is good in my opinion, I don't like glitters on my face. The thing I also like about this product is that it makes my skin feel much clearer, which is its job and I say that's great! I really hope that the effect was really long lasting but it was not. Bummer.


After the essence, I applied the Hydro White Illumination Cream to my face and to my wrist. I was intrigued by it's "one second whitening" powers but I was kinda disappointed. I didn't really expect it to do it's job within a second and even though it is light on the skin, it made it look cake-y even though I just tried a pint of it. Also, I didn't like the smell either.. If I were to buy between the two, I would rather buy the essence than the cream but I may give it a chance again in the future.



The last ones I used were the Vivo Per Lei Dead Sea Minerals Moisturizing Day Cream and the Etude House Correct & Care CC Crean in #02 Glow. I'm having a good feeling about Vivo Per Lei products because (1) it has my name on it and (2) it is a cruelty-free brand. I skipped my moisturizing gel and used the Dead Sea Minerals Moisturizing Day Cream instead. The product dried up a little bit and kinda felt like candle wax so I was a little bit anxious about applying it on my face. I tried it on the back of my hand first, smelled it, and it was still good. It smelled good, actually and it made my skin smoother but glossier.


I was pretty excited for trying out the Correct & Care CC Cream in #02 Glow and when I finally did, I was so happy with the results. The product didn't make my face look like I was bombed with flour and blends very well. It's good as a make-up base because it actually covers pores. It color corrects, but too bad it doesn't really conceal my dark under eye circles. Also, it is lighter and not stickier than the BB  cream. It also looks very good with powder on top of it! With that, you can just put cc cream, powder your face up and you are good to go! Now that I've tried this, I'm curious about the resulting effects of the other one (#01 Silky).


SUMMARY


Product: Etude House Collagen Moistfull Cream
Rating: ★★★★✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No

Product: Etude House Correct & Care CC Cream in #02 Glow
Rating: ★★★★✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No

Product: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit in W13
Rating: ★★★★✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No

Product: LadyKin Hydro White Shimmering Essence
Rating:  ★★★✩✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No

Product: LadyKin Hydro White Illumination Cream
Rating:  ★★✩✩✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No

Product: Vivo Per Lei Dead Sea Minerals Moisturizing Day Cream
Rating:  ★★★✩✩
Purchase? Yes / Maybe / No


So there you have it! I want to apologize with the lack of good lighting and awkward hands/wrists. I will try my best to post better photos in the future. Speaking of future, I will post more of these beauty stuff soon. For now, I'll end this post with a question: Have you tried these products? Tell me your thoughts down below, yes?

Thank you for reading and I hope I'll see ya around next time. Have a nice day!

♥, Lix

COMMENTS

2 comments: