The Best of August 2015


It is time for a monthly favorites post! I've actually been doing this before I rebooted this blog and I'm glad this is back. August had been good to me and here are the things that I loved last month.



Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner in #04 Real Rose
This one surprised me. I didn't expect for this to look good on me regardless of my undying love for its color and shade. I have been wearing this every time I get a chance and/or if I am feeling extra pretty good. I did not regret having this on my last haul and I will probably repurchase this. Full review will be posted as soon as I get my hands on the other shades of this.


Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in #003 Natural
When I asked my aunt for this, I was actually opting for the transparent shade so I was a tiny bit skeptical about the shade I got. Fortunately, the powder blended well with my foundation and my highlighter and bronzer look so good on top of this. Been loving this so much and I am thinking of making a full review of this soon, too (if I have extra time hehehe).


MAC Lipstick in Lustre
At first, I didn't like this product because of the color and my lips get chapped after some hours (I don't know why). Luckily, I have found a solution to the chapping and the color brightens up a little bit with the help of a nude pencil liner. I like to use this lipstick if I am going for a natural make-up look which is often. Though I wish this dries matte. I'm not really into glossy finish. Other than that, I'm really loving this.

Snapchat
I have downloaded and used Snapchat for a long time now and for some reason, I am just loving it these past few weeks. Maybe because I have completely understood how it works now. Also, I have finally encourage more people (family and friends) to use it.


Upper row selfies: Etude House Soft Touch Auto Lip Liner in #04 Real Rose.
Lower row selfie: MAC Lipstick in Lustre
All selfies: Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in #003 Natural.
These photos were taken and edited using Snapchat. 

Blogger App
I have just discovered that Blogger (or Blogspot) has its own app and is available for iOS and Android. Although in my honest opinion, the design of the Blogger app for iOS is still at its iOS 6 look and function-wise, it definitely needs more improvement because of the limited things you can do. But I like this because it helped a lot in my blogging. The fact that I could edit my posts by using my phone is a very great help! Nice.


That design.. you see what I mean? But yeah, it's okay.

Kill Me, Heal Me
It has actually been a long time since I've watched and finished a kdrama and Kill Me, Heal Me is such a great one. Although it is kind of a medical drama which involves conglomerates with a bit of heavy (and cheesy) acting on the side, it is so funny and I loved it so much that I could not get over it until now. This is about Cha Dohyun, the heir of a conglomerate group who has Multiple Personality Disorder. As time pass by, secrets will be unearthed. If you haven't watched it yet, you should probably start now. I really enjoyed this one like It's Okay, It's Love (which tops my faves list) although I felt like the ending was rushed. I enjoyed it nonetheless. Highly recommended!





Dyscourse
My love for gaming will never die and this August, I played a game called Dyscourse. This is a choice-based game, published by Owlchemy Labs, that lets the player's decisions affect and change the story. Just like the Telltale Games The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Wolf Among Us, etc., Sony Entertainment's Beyond: Two Souls and Square Enix's Life Is Strange. I like this game because of its art style, and although the story line is kinda not that great, the pacing was so consistent and good that I finished it with one sitting! I am still playing the game because I want to see more changes in the plot and of course, the endings. If you're curious, my survivors (in my first try) were Rita, Jolene and Teddy. I am trying to save everyone in my second try! Buy this game on Steam




They're all still alive!


George just died. Wow. Gotta retry that again! Lol.

So, that's it for my August 2015 Favorites post. I didn't have a favorite book for this month, but I am currently reading James Dashner's The Mortality Doctrine series. Add me on Goodreads to see my reading updates. Anyway, thank you so much for lending your time reading this, I hope you enjoyed it and tell me your August favorites down below. I'll see ya around next time, yes? Have a nice day.

♥, Lix

COMMENTS

4 comments:

  1. you should put music and books senpai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No book faves last month! Too lazy for the music playlist.. Maybe next time lol

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. U iz da senpai lol anyway let's do our collab na huhu

      Delete