2013 Infinite 1st World Tour One Great Step in Manila


So last weekend, EXO arrived in the Philippines to hold their solo concert, EXO'LUXION. Me, being an EXO-L since 2011, way before they debuted, is very sad that I wasn't able to attend their concert so I'm here and will talk about my One Great Step Live in Manila experience instead. I've been meaning to do this for a long time now and I'm wondering why it took me this long to share one of the most memorable concerts I've been to.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not 100% devastated because I've missed EXO's concert this year. It's not that I'm not into them anymore but as I've said in my The Sunday Currently Vol. 004 entry, I've been constantly reminding myself that it's okay not to attend their concert this time because I've had the privilege to see them live on Dream Kpop Fantasy Concert back in 2013 and they were still complete back then. And I'm not thinking about it that much.

In case you're wondering, One Great Step is Infinite's first world tour. I'm very happy, until today, that the Philippines is included in the line-up of countries for the said world tour. I had the chance to see them again (they also visited Manila for DKFC like EXO) and I didn't waste that chance. Infinite has been in my top list of favorite Kpop artists for years now and I can't believe that I was able to watch them perform live. I can still feel all the giddiness I felt back then.

I'll try to tell you my OGS experience through photos I've taken with little bits of captions here and there. I've picked a bunch of photos that look nice and left the others behind for personal safe-keeping. I didn't take too many photos since I've also recorded some videos and sometimes, I put my camera down to fully feel the experience. Some of these photos were taken by my lovely best friend, Claudelle.

The concert was held on November 3, 2013 and it's actually the day before my school starts and it's funny because I saw a blockmate before and after the concert. We also had homework to do. Yep. It's okay, it was worth it. (The homework was cancelled, too!) *throws confetti* Let's start!



Claudelle and I arrived at the venue hours before the event started. We ate at Bonchon to fill our tummies because we know that we won't be able to eat inside because of the concert (Who wants to skip a song or two for a hotdog sandwich? Not me!), which was a great lesson that I learned at DKFC. After we got our tickets, we went inside the dome and it was crazy. I can't believe that we're so close to the stage. Really.

It was my first time inside the Araneta Coliseum (I know, you don't have to tell me I'm lame) and I didn't know that it's not that huge, maybe it's because we're just occupying half of the place. After realizing that, I've decided to not buy VIP tickets again and opt for the lower box one at the center so that I'll be able to get a good view. VIP is still a great area if you want some fan service!


Everybody screamed when the opening VCR played on the screen. It signaled that the concert is finally starting. I can still remember the giddiness I felt that moment.


I can't remember what they were singing when these photos were taken but it was a mellow one and the members were supposed to be still but Dongwoo can't stop interacting with the fans. He's too adorable and very kind.

Speaking of him, some fans planned a birthday surprise for Dongwoo. They gave some banners before the fans went inside and we raised it near the end and sang a birthday song for him. And guess what, baby Dongwoo cried. His parents are also present in the concert, too!


This time, they were throwing roses to the fans. They were all walking around the stages and Sungjong got close to where we were standing so I took the opportunity to take good photos of him.

I envy those fans who get to give the members their cameras! The members record themselves or take selfies. I saw some fan that gave Sungjong her Fujifilm Instax camera and Sungjong took a photo of himself. Why is Infinite so good with fan service? WHYYYYY~


Sunggyu is actually very sweet and really talented. His voice is so good and I'm glad that I get to hear him live and I get to see his 60 Seconds performance. Speaking of individual performances, I can't believe that I accidentally deleted Infinite H's Special Girl performance right after it. *cries a bucket full of tears*


L was very.. reserved? I know that he is an introvert, as the members say in their interviews and shows. But he was really shy that night.

Despite of that, he still did some fan service and I got to shake his hand, UP CLOSE! I was just standing at the back to stay away from the crazy mob of fangirls, waiting for Claudelle because she have my camera and she's taking photos of the other members. All of the sudden, L ran to our side, dropped to the ground and started to shake the hands of the fans, including mine! I WAS JUST ONE FOOT FROM HIM, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I can't, until now..


Sungjong loves to go to our side. Thank you!

I hope that the other members did that too! I'm sorry if I don't have photos of Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol and Sunggyu. I took photos of them but they aren't good enough to be posted here. Sungyeol and Woohyun are often at the other side of the stage, so I can't get a good angle and I was always looking at Hoya.


There are several things that I appreciated from the concert. First of all, even though it's kinda awkward, Infinite talked to us in English so it's much more immersive for us because there wasn't a translator. Also, they've prepared a little performance in which they sang a Filipino "folk" song called Bahay Kubo. They also made everyone rapped a part from Infinite H's Fly High (ft. Baby Soul) and it was so funny. It was one of my favorite moments that night.


Of course all things must come to an end. Infinite sang lots of songs. I was able to jam to all of them and I was very happy. I'm just sad that I wasn't able to attend to their concert last November, but I've realized, after remembering the events from OGS, I should grab the chance I get next time!

If you don't know Infinite, please check out their music! They are amazing and they've improved so much since their debut and you can see that in their performances. And before I end this post, I might as well tell you some of my favorites as an Inspirit (Infinite's official fandom name).
  • My favorite Infinite songs are The Chaser, Julia and Destiny. 
  • Hoya is my bias out of all the seven members.
  • I love Ranking King the most, compared to all of their variety shows.
So yeah, I apologize for the lack of photos because I don't have lots of it, good ones at least. But I hope you liked this entry anyway. I'll post more Lix the Fangirl adventures. Please don't think that I'm posting these to brag because I'm not. I'm just sharing my thoughts and experiences on my fangirl life. This is my online journal anyway.

Thanks for reading this very random post! Below I listed Infinite's official sites. Enjoy and have a nice day. I'll see ya around next time.


♥, Lix

COMMENTS

0 comments:

Post a Comment