The Best of January 2016


It's February now and it's time for a monthly recap! My last one was back in August last year and I'm soooooo glad that I have the time now to make these type of posts, which are time consuming because I'm using my creative juices (I need to get better, though.) January has been a good beginning of a year, but my productivity level isn't that high. I haven't read a lot of books, manga and comics. I've watched few television series and films. But I've made progress with my blog and I've finished tens of YouTuber Let's Play playlists.

Now that I've though of it, so much happened in the past month. Here are my favorites:



1. Stickers
I LOVE STICKERS. SO. MUCH. I have a sticker collection now, but I'm using them one by one for my diary. I think I said it before in one of my The Sunday Currently entries, but I got my first packs of stickers (Korean ones, because they are all cute!) from Bee Happy. Then I bought a few more from the stationery stores from Divisoria and then Lyona, a friend of mine, gave me lots of stickers for Christmas. I don't know why I suddenly liked stickers, but they all look so cute! Give me some? *does some aegyo* 

I've known Jack since his early videos and I gotta be honest, I didn't like him at first because he was too loud for me. And then after I ran out of videos from Pewdiepie, Cryaotic, CinnamonToastKen, Markiplier, DexBonus and other YouTubers I liked, I gave him a chance and I actually liked him. This whole month, I've been binge watching his playthroughs and I'm almost out! I like him so much right now that I'm always do his outro action together with him. *lol* Check out his videos, he's a pretty funny guy.

3. One Punch Man
This anime is so good. One Punch Man is about this guy who was the strongest man in the world that he could defeat his enemies with one punch only. The humor and the animation of the anime is so amazing and I can't wait for the second season to air! Also, I've started reading the manga remake, I hope I could catch up soon.

 4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo
I've been meaning to buy a NYX SMLC product for a long time now and I'm glad I finally did! This product, in the shade of Monte Carlo is a rich deep red in matte finish. It is perfect for any style. When I'm feeling extra edgy or moody, I'll be wearing this shade.

5. Lime Crime Velvetine in Wicked
Like NYX SMLC in Monte Carlo, this lip product is a deep red but it's more on the darker shade. The packaging is very lovely! It pained me so much to throw out the box because I like it so much. I will be definitely using this lip cream more. I hope that Lime Crime will be available in the Philippines soon!

This will sound very narcissist, but I'm just proud of my work (and I'm not being marcissist, please). I've revamped my blog's layout again, and I've made many changes. I'm not a professional multimedia artist so the blog has it's own faults that I don't know how to use, but all of the changes from its original style is my work. I've spent so much time to do these changes so when I'm satisfied with it, I feel that I've made achievements. Please bear with me on this. Also, I've been publishing entries more than I usually do, which is good, I think, for the growth of my blog. Tell me what you think, please.

7. Crystal Stone Pendant Necklace from Pretty Little Blings
I went to a bazaar last year and I've stumbled upon the last piece of the necklace (of that day, at least). I've bought it right away and I've been wearing it nonstop this month. As I've mentioned in The Sunday Currently Vol. 004 post, I've changed my personal style to Modern Boho so I've been wearing accessories to match it. I'm planning on buying more of these necklaces.

8. Water Color Painting
Very happy to say that I've been painting lately and I've missed doing it! I'm not good at it, I'm just doing it because I love it and I'm willing to get better at it. If I do get better at it, I will share my works here. *fingers crossed* 

9. I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Rebel Allies
As I've said earlier, I didn't read much last month, but I really liked I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Rebel Allies. It's a compilation of three novellas with sneak peeks from the main books. It's mostly about GUARD and Mark. They are all very action packed, which is one of the most charming characteristics of the series. Read my full review here.

10. 4 Walls album by f(x)
I'm so happy for f(x). f(x) is a 4-member Kpop girl group. Their aesthetics is one of the best and I can't believe I still haven't seen them perform live. Their latest comeback was so good, I can't help listening to 4 Walls until today. They will finally hold their first solo concert after so many years since their debut and their official fan club have its own name now and it's pretty cool. It's µ, also MeU. Anyway, listen to 4 Walls if you have time, watch the music video and their performances (the choreography is very cool, too!).

11. Papa's Birthday Party
I'm very happy that Papa's birthday party went well. I've contributed so much into it and I'm glad that Papa had a great time and was happy for it. So much love!

Other stuff that I loved last month worth mentioning: Papers, Please, Howl's Moving Castle (2004), Tokyo Finds Kawaii Water Brush Pen, Starbucks x Moleskine 2016 Limited Edition Planner in Black, teaching kids for Sunday School, Pantone Colors of the Year 2016: Rose Quartz and Serendipity, Lifeline, Tap Tycoon, Sense8, Cool Kiz in the Block and Pinterest.

Thank you for reading! I'll see ya around next time.

What were your favorites last month?

♥, Lix

COMMENTS

0 comments:

Post a Comment